ADVANCED CAMPAIGN INFORMATION
OUR 2 MAIN CAMAPIGN EVENTS FOR 2014 are:
- “REMEMBER RUSTY” WEEKEND May 3rd and 4th
- “GREYHOUND REMEMBRANCE WEEKEND” July 26th and 27th
Please see our “How you can Help” section for more details and contact AFG if you need campaign materials.
AFG is a non-profit making organisation dedicated to the welfare of greyhounds and driven by three primary aims:
- Raise awareness about the plight of greyhounds bred for racing.
- Campaign for the abolition of commercial greyhound racing.
- Promote greyhounds as pets.
In addition to the above and resources permitting, AFG facilitate the care and future security of greyhounds unwanted and abused. To this end, both dedicated foster and forever homes are needed for greyhounds rescued.
AFG believe the ‘business’ of greyhound racing and the humane treatment of greyhounds are simply incompatible. AFG therefore support a call for:
- The government to pass legislation making it illegal to place or accept bets on greyhound racing.*
- The general public to NEVER attend or bet on greyhound racing, so the industry fades away through lack of support.